Sunday, April 8, 2012

About Me

     I was born in Boulder, Colorado, I have moved around various parts this state for most of my life and I love this country. There is no place like home!
   
    My resume and body of work include - Volunteer Fire Fighter, Radio DJ, Auto Mechanic, Restaurant Supervisor and Cook, Interpreter, Customer Service etc- just to name a few...
   
     I frequently travel within the country, and I've traveled abroad several times.
    
     I've been to Washington, D.C. - I know some of what goes on there and it troubles me, but what bothered me most was the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial.
 
     I have family members serving, and numerous friends and acquaintances who are active duty military.  I am thankful for their service, but worried about their safety - especially if we don't have a commander in chief who values their lives, and knows that these Men and Women are not to be used as pawns in a state of constant warfare.


     The bottom line is, we need to bring those troops back home, and the Pentagon needs to get serious with psychological evaluation and counseling for the traumatized young soldiers.
 
    There is no doubt the defense of our freedom from foreign enemies is important, but we should be vigilant for the true enemies of this country don't always come with an army and a banner. That is why defending our freedom is the duty of every American. So we don't get told lies that take us into war, and then have to send our families off to die.
   
     Our ancestors teach us to preserve our American way of life. It's not perfect but I wish to continue that tradition and look to our elders for guidance in these times.
 
     However, nobody needs a nanny to sneak around and snoop on our behaviors, listen to our phone calls  and fly drones above our heads, then throw us in jail for victim less crimes. I for one will not stand for tyranny. Better to die on your feet...
      
-Thank you, may God bless America, and the World.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you'll post you comments about today's GOP convention and our Colorado caucus-assembly system on my http://www.COCaucus.org

    ReplyDelete